What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. The next time you visit, the website can recognise the file. The files are thus typically used to compile statistics or for behavioral advertising purposes. Cookies help us to provide you with our services on our website and are partly necessary for website functionality purposes. The personal data stored in our cookies is encrypted.
We collect and process data for the following purposes:
- Optimization of the website and your user experience
- Creation of statistics on the use of the website by you and other users
- Advertising purposes, including profiling and behavioral advertising initiatives, so that we can make our product information and offers as relevant as possible to you
- Compliance with applicable legal requirements (e.g., General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive (PECD)) and Canada`sPersonal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act) (PIPEDA)), including documentation requirements:
- Compliance with basic principles concerning the processing of personal data and legal basis for the processing (e.g., obtaining consent)
- Implementation and maintenance of technical and organizational security measures
- Investigation of suspected or known security breaches and notification to data subjects and authorities
- Statistics on the use of the website
How long are cookies stored?
Cookies are stored on your computer for different lengths of time depending on their type. From a technical point of view, a distinction is made between two types of cookies:
Session cookies: session cookies are used, for example, to temporarily store the items in your shopping cart while you navigate the website. Session cookies are not stored on your device and disappear when you close your browser.
Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookies are stored as text files on your device. Persistent cookies allow our server to recognise your device the next time you visit our website.
How can I prevent and delete cookies?
When you visit our website, one or more cookies are automatically stored on your device. If you do not want this to happen, it is best to use the following links (depending on the browser you use) to set your browser to prevent cookies from being stored on your computer in the future. (Google Chrome,Mozilla Firefox,Flash cookies,Microsoft Internet Explorer, Opera,Safari)
If your browser is not listed above, it’s best to check your browser’s help menu or search the Internet for “cookies” in conjunction with your browser’s name.
Why do we provide information about cookies?
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient. The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies, we need your permission.
What are the types of cookies
There are different types of cookies:
Functional cookies are essential cookies to provide a correct and user-friendly website. Some examples:
- Storing your language preferences;
- Detecting abuse or fraud;
- Storing browser settings to display the website according to the screen size.
These cookies are typical third party cookies that we use to collect statistical data about how our website is used, including:
- Average page load time;
- Pages visited;
- Browser data;
- IP address;
- MAC address;
- Duration of a (page) visit;
- Data about the operating system;
- Data about the device used;
- Clicking behavior and other interactions on one or more pages.
The main purpose of these cookies and their statistical data is, after analysis, to optimize our performance, security, usability, content and services.
Non-essential Cookies are any cookies that do not fall within the definition of essential cookies, such as cookies used to analyze your behavior on a website (‘analytical’ cookies) or cookies used to display advertisements to you (‘advertising’ cookies).
The Cookies we use
|_ga_Z37EH4W9WR||Analytics||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics.||2 years|
|_ga||Analytics||The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.||2 years|
|elementor||Necessary||This cookie is used by the website’s WordPress theme. It allows the website owner to implement or change the website’s content in real-time.||never|
Does this policy change?
Who should I contact for more information?